Thursday, April 30, 2009

The light at the END of the tunnel

Well, only 2 and a half weeks of this girl's college career! It is a bitter sweet feeling though. I have loved school for so many years and it is almost over. I can't believe I am here already. The last five years have flown by, yet dragged on at the same time. I am excited to actually read something of my own choice and not have tests and papers to worry about. I do have a job that will be starting shortly with the City of San Diego. I will be an intern in their Open Space dept (It's a division in the Parks and Rec dept, but I don't want people to associate it with the TV show). I get to go out to open lands in SD County and take surveys of the plant life there. I will put this info into a large report and update the maps with the GPS points we will take. I'm just waiting on my background check to clear (I guess they discovered my large criminal history and that's why it's taking so long).
I wanted to give a thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me along the way. Especially thanks to Robbie for encouraging me and making it possible for me to finish a dream. He is the best!!!
A quick update on some other things...Ashley and Stu's baby is due in a couple of weeks. Pray that Monroe comes on time (May 14). Also, the OOP season 4 is officially starting on saturday. Check out their webpage at www.ooptid.weebly.com. The MS walk was this last weekendat Legoland, and we had a great time. My sister Jessica has MS, so she came from Flagstaff to walk with all of us. Our team had about 18 walkers. We love you Jess!!!
Life is so great! Thanks for being apart of ours!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the new pic on the blog. I am excited for your new job to start. I know you will love it!

Allison said...

Congrats to the soon to be graduate! What an acheivement! We had fun playing soccer last weekend. Well except for Tim getting a parking ticket for parking in a bike lane! We should hang out mor often.