Saturday, June 28, 2008

8 Years

I can't believe it has been 8 years, yesterday, since my mom has passed. I just wanted to take a moment to remember how wonderful she was and how her influence still lives on. She was an amazing lady and I miss her everyday. Some years are harder than others and this was one of them. Robbie, Stuart and I took some flowers to her, to remember her and show our gratitude for her. I'm not trying to be a downer, just taking time to celebrate a special life. Thanks to all for continued support and encouragement.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry you are sad. Know that you have lots of family behind you and we are only on this earth for a short time. You will see your mom again. Until Then, you can share our mom with us.

Jessica said...

I understand feeling sad. You shouldn't apologize for it. There is nothing wrong with missing your mom. My dad's been gone 11 years now and I still miss him. I love you and hope to see you soon!

Allison said...

I agree with Jess on not appologizing. They're your feelings and no one has a perfect and easy life or perfectly sweet life experiences to write about. Live is really hard sometimes. I never knew your mom, but I'm sure she was an amazing woman.

Nathan & Allison said...

Melea, I'm glad you made this post! I have such good memories of us when we were little-- spending the night at your house and then making your mom make us eggs at like midnight. Do you remember that? Haha. I love you Melea and think you are the strongest most amazing woman, just like your mom!